Thursday, March 23, 2023

Bryophytes and Lichen. Robertsbridge 12.03.12

I went to Robertsbridge with the British Bryology Society South East group. It was the first time I had attended a BBS gorp field trip: it was fantastic experience and I learnt a great deal from expert bryologist

A report of the field trip can be found at the Sussex Bryophytes website 

Survey area; photo from the blog:


Here are a few of the species I saw:

Bryum sp 



Calliergonella cuspidata 


Clausilia bidentata (snail)



Colejeunea minutissima and Orthotichium affine 



Collema crispum (Blennothalilia crispa), Syntrichia ruralis & Trentepohlia sp



Didymodon sp 



Frullania dilatata, and a Zygodon sp possibly Z. conoideus 



Illosporiopsis christiansenii (a lichenicolous fungus) parasitising Physcia tenella 




Lateral cryphaea 



Metzgeria furcata & Metzgeria frutiulosa 



Metzgeria furcata, Radula complanata and Cololejeunea minutissima 



Radula complanata



Orthotrichum diaphanum 







No comments:

Post a Comment

I am grateful to receive corrections if I have made an identification error.

Balcombe. Lichens. 14.04.23

I visited Walk Wood and St Mary's Churchyard in Balcombe with a friend who is an expert lichenologist. All of these identifications were...