Tuesday, March 21, 2023

British Lichen Society Conference - Field Trip to Bowhill, Selkirk. 05.03.23

I attended the British Lichen Conference in Edinburgh 03-05 03 23 in Edinburgh. On the 05.03.23 we went on a filed trip to the woods around Bowhill House in Selkirk, which included ancient oak woodlands. We split into groups which were led by expert lichonolist from the BLS. I saw species which I had never seen before, as the banitats of the Borders is very different to that of Sussex.


Bryoria capillaris 



Chysothrix candelaris 



Cladonia furcata 



Cladonia polydactyla



Cladonia sp possibly C. carnelian



Frullania sp. (liverwort) 



Lecanora allophana



Peltigera canina



Peltigera horizontalis 



Sclerophora peronella 



Sclerophora peronella 



Usnea subfloridana and U. wasmuthii 



Usnea subfloridana 







No comments:

Post a Comment

I am grateful to receive corrections if I have made an identification error.

Balcombe. Lichens. 14.04.23

I visited Walk Wood and St Mary's Churchyard in Balcombe with a friend who is an expert lichenologist. All of these identifications were...